43 of the 46 eligible voters were present during the March 29 election at Geno's annual meeting. Both Vegard Smenes as chairman of the board and Anne Margrethe Solheim Stormo as deputy chairwoman were unanimously re-elected.
Member-elected board members after the annual meeting 2022:
- Chairman of the board: Vegard Nils Smenes, 6532 Averøy (re-elected)
- Deputy chairwoman and board member north region: Anne Margrethe Solheim Stormo, 8146 Reipå (re-elected)
- Board member inland region: Oddvar Mikkelsen, 6640 Kvanne (re-elected)
- Board member southwest region: Ole Magnar Undheim, 4363 Brusand (not up for election)
- Board member east region: Gunn Randi Finstad, 2485 Rendalen (not up for election)
Deputy representatives to the Board:
1st deputy: Tommy Skretting, 4360 Varhaug (new)
2nd deputy: Ragnhild Sjurgard, 2686 Lom (new)
3rd deputy: Agnete Hansen, 9925 Svanvik (new)
Other elections took place in accordance with the recommendation of the Geno Election Committee.
Exciting annual meeting
This year, a joint program was held together with Norsvin and TYR at the beginning of the annual meeting with the theme “Livestock production in an uncertain future”. We received exciting contributions from Olav Eik-Nes, CEO. in Norsvin, Geir Langseth from Felleskjøpet Agri and Ole Nikolai Skulberg, director of Nortura Totalmarked.
During the meeting, there was also an active debate around the topics of embryo, semen service, udder improvement, Geno's finances, the agreement with TINE, the restructuring process in Geno, dose prices, the customer's needs and contents of the container were discussed.