REDX™ – Norwegian Red sexed semen
Introducing the much-anticipated Norwegian Red sexed semen - REDX™. REDX™ is now available for purchase in selected countries.
REDX™ combines 21st century technology with increased performance gained from Norwegian Red genetics.
See faster genetic gain and performance in your herd by breeding from your best cows, therefore maximizing your profits.
What are the benefits of REDX?
- Superior sexed Norwegian Red genetics
- Increased relative conception rates*
- Produces more high value heifers, faster
REDX can help you to:
- Grow your herd. Sexed genetics gives you the opportunity to produce more replacement heifers.
- Be more selective. Breed your elite females with REDX for more replacements, allowing you to capitalise on a beef on dairy strategy
- Maximise your calf crop value
Which animals should I use REDX on?
It is important to select the right animals to use sexed semen on to get the best possible result.
We recommend using REDX on:
- Animals that show good heat and have good fertility
- High value animals within your herd
- Heifers, they often have better results than cows
We do not recommend using REDX in the following situations:
- Early after calving
- Animals that do not show good heat or have poor fertility
- Animals that are synchronized (hormone-treated)
Utilizing REDX is particularly valuable when operating under a quota or where you're wanting to grow your herd. Sexed semen gives ample access to good heifers, and it can also open the opportunity to use beef semen on the worst-performing animals in the herd.
The insemination time when using REDX is the same as when using ordinary semen.
Norwegian Red was the first in the world to sign a deal with Genus ABS to buy their new and patented technology, IntelliGen®, for sexed semen. Genus ABS has spent over seven years developing this technology, which is gentler on the semen than other sexing methods.
Where is REDX available?
REDX semen is currently available in the US, UK, Italy, France and Germany.